100 episodes of this podcast has taught us that the BlackBerry discussion is far from exhausted. This week we’ve got fresh rumors that BlackBerry will be using the Alcatel Idol as reference hardware to build their mid-range fleet. New benchmarks from GFX give us further indication of what the hardware will be sporting. This all falls in line with a July 19th security summit in New York that BlackBerry is hosting. On the lighter side of the news we’re finally seeing BlackBerry Bide an additional Android security layer along with analyst Gus Papageorgiou’s warning that BlackBerry’s need to exit the hardware business.
Get bonus content and exclusive access to #BBUpstream by checking out our support campaign on Patreon.
Upstream #100 ~ “Homecoming”
Mar 15 – Mar 22
- BlackBerry ‘Hamburg’ purported specs turn up on benchmark tests
- BlackBerry hosting annual Security Summit on July 19 in New York
- Veteran BlackBerry analyst says company should get out of the handset business
- BlackBerry announces BlackBerry Integrity Detection for developers
- BlackBerry raises its eyebrow to add the ‘Colbert emoji’ to BBM
- Get it Back: Facebook for BlackBerry 10
Join us, leave a comment and share in the discussion.
BERRYFLOW UPSTREAM ON AIR
Drop us a line let us know what you liked, and what you didn’t. Be sure to follow any or all of the lovely peeps listed above to track their musing online.
Want to see other Upstream sessions? Tap on over to Upstream archive to catch up on the flow.