With BlackBerry’s Q1 Fiscal 2017 earnings reported we have new insight into some of the device strategy, handset profitability forecasts, and a 30% commitment to grow the software business. BlackBerry has opened a pop-up store in New York City, BBM Video calling is now supported on iOS and Android globally. Lastly, and perhaps most interestingly, rumors that first circulated in the CB forums are now coming to light as a TCL built BlackBerry smartphone gets Wi-Fi certification.
Get bonus content and exclusive access to #BBUpstream by checking out our support campaign on Patreon.
Upstream #105 ~ “Q1 2017”
June 19th – June 26th
- BlackBerry opens new pop-up store in New York
- BlackBerry announces Q1 Fiscal 2017 results
- John Chen discusses BlackBerry profit forecast and new smartphones
- BBM video calling now supported on iOS and Android globally
- TCL-built BlackBerry Hamburg turns up Wi-Fi certification filings
- The market is ripe for a new BlackBerry tablet
- Neon, Argon and Mercury (New device code-names and details)
Join us, leave a comment and share in the discussion.
BERRYFLOW UPSTREAM ON AIR
Drop us a line let us know what you liked, and what you didn’t. Be sure to follow any or all of the lovely peeps listed above to track their musing online.
Want to see other Upstream sessions? Tap on over to Upstream archive to catch up on the flow.